SHERRINGTON ROTATING DRUM AND KYMOGRAPH
* This is an electrically driven recording drum or kymograph suitable for use by students for lab. Experiments.
*These kymographs are also used to measure atmospheric pressure, tuning fork vibrations and functioning of steam engines.
* its drive mechanism consists of constant speed heavy duty electric motor and an accurate gear box contained in the base together with robust plate clutch. * * Engagement of various gear ratios are affected by sliding the lever into the slot marked with surface speed or by a knob.
* The recording drum or cylinder has a 6' dia and stainless steel spindle have been standardized to make the same universal and interchangeable.
* It has 8 variable speeds.
*The speed is measured in mm per second. Eight variable speeds are 0. 12, 0. 25, 1. 25, 2. 5, 12. 5, 25, 320 and 640 mm per second.
*A hand gear is provided to change the speed of the kymograph.
* Double electric contact arms are clamped on the main spindle and a stout double-contact block is fitted on top of the base. It runs on 220v, ac 50hz.